Tiramisu Gift Cards
What is Tiramisu?
All Tiramisu Recipes
Basic Tiramisu Recipes
Variety Tiramisu Recipes
Healthy Tiramisu Recipes
Other Recipe Links
What is Mascarpone?
Recipes with Mascarpone
What are Ladyfingers
Recipes with Ladyfingers
Talk to Us!
Rate a Tiramisu
Send us a Recipe
Basic Recipes (51)
Variety Recipes (19)
Healthy Recipes (22)
BelGioioso's Tiramisu recipe
Most of us have been to the Williams-Sonoma stores in our local malls, so we know the quality of their products. Here is their version of this heavenly dessert. This recipe serves 12 to 15.
- EGG YOLKS, 6
- SUGAR, 3/4 cup
MASCARPONE CHEESE, 1 pound, softened
- HEAVY CREAM, 2 cups chilled
- RUM, 2 tablespoons
- VANILLA EXTRACT, 1 teaspoon
- ESPRESSO, 2 tablespoons, plus 2 to 3 cups brewed
- EGG WHITES, 5
LADYFINGERS, 40 to 50
- COCOA POWDER
- In a mixing bowl set over but not touching a pan of simmering water, beat the egg yolks and sugar until the mixture is pale yellow and thick ribbons fall from the whisk (4 to 5 minutes).
- Transfer the mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and beat until smooth and creamy (2 to 3 minutes).
- In a chilled large mixing bowl, beat the cream to stiff peaks.
- Add the rum, vanilla and the 2 tablespoons of espresso and beat until smooth.
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks (when the whisk is lifted straight out of the bowl and inverted, the whites should hold their shape).
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold the mascarpone mixture into the cream until blended and smooth.
- Add about 1 cup of the beaten egg whites and fold gently until blended.
- Add the remaining egg whites and fold gently until the mixture is smooth and blended.
- One at a time, submerge each ladyfinger into the remaining espresso, then it on the bottom of a 6-quart glass or ceramic baking or serving dish (about 2 inches deep).
- Continue to form a complete layer.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the soaked ladyfingers until evenly covered.
- Arrange another layer of soaked ladyfingers over the mascarpone cream, then spread the remaining mascarpone cream evenly over the top.
- Dust the Tiramisł with cocoa powder to create a rich, dark topping.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 1 day before serving