Tiramisu Gift Cards
What is Tiramisu?
All Tiramisu Recipes
Basic Tiramisu Recipes
Variety Tiramisu Recipes
Healthy Tiramisu Recipes
Other Recipe Links
What is Mascarpone?
Recipes with Mascarpone
What are Ladyfingers
Recipes with Ladyfingers
Talk to Us!
Rate a Tiramisu
Send us a Recipe
Mario Batali's Tiramisu
Basic Recipes (51)
Variety Recipes (19)
Healthy Recipes (22)
BelGioioso's Tiramisu recipe
Mario Batali is one of the stars of the Food TV Network. The Tiramisu can be served at room temperature. Tiramisu was served chilled in the 1980s.
- STRONG ESPRESSO, 4 ounces (or substitute 2 teaspoons instant coffee in 1/2 cup water)
- ITALIAN BRANDY, 2 ounces
- EGG YOLKS, 4
- SUGAR, 2 tablespoons
- EGG WHITES, 2
MASCARPONE CHEESE, 2 cups (may substitute ricotta or cream cheese)
- SAVOIARDI, 30 small, or 15 broken in half
- BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE, 3 ounces, broken into 1/4-inch pieces
- MILK CHOCOLATE, 3 ounces, shaved or grated
- WINE GOBLETS, 6 large
- Mix coffee and brandy together and set aside.
- Over a double boiler, beat egg yolks and sugar until mixture lightens in color and forms ribbons (i.e. halfway to zabaglione). Allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Fold mascarpone into egg yolk mixture one quarter at a time.
- Fold mascarpone mixture into egg whites and set aside.
- Lay savoiardi along edges of wine goblets all the way to the bottom, lining the entire glass (while keeping 6 savoiardi for later use).
- Using a pastry brush, and paint the cookies with the espresso/brandy mixture.
- Fill each goblet one-third full with mascarpone mixture and sprinkle with broken chocolate.
- Lay one savoiardi across center and paint with coffee mixture.
- Fill each goblet with remaining mascarpone mixture, topping each with shaved chocolate.
- Lay one savoiardi in each goblet and paint with espresso mixture.