Tiramisu Gift Cards
What is Tiramisu?
All Tiramisu Recipes
Basic Tiramisu Recipes
Variety Tiramisu Recipes
Healthy Tiramisu Recipes
Other Recipe Links
What is Mascarpone?
Recipes with Mascarpone
What are Ladyfingers
Recipes with Ladyfingers
Talk to Us!
Rate a Tiramisu
Send us a Recipe
Amy Starenchak's "Monster" Tiramisu
Basic Recipes (51)
Variety Recipes (19)
Healthy Recipes (22)
BelGioioso's Tiramisu recipe
Amy took a "copy cat" recipe of Emeril Lagasse's Tiramisu, altered it a little, and made a "monster" one for a party. She says, "I doubled it, but not all of the ingredients -- like the heavy cream, when doubling the recipe, I only added one more cup of it. And, I kept the egg whites the same."
MASCARPONE CHEESE, 1 cup
- MARSALA WINE, 2 tablespoons
- EGGS, 3 separated
- SUGAR, 4 tablespoons for yolks, + 3 tablespoons for whites
- SALT, pinch, for egg whites
- HEAVY CREAM, 2 cups (beat with a couple pinches of sugar)
- Combine and blend the Mascarpone and Marsala.
- Combine sugar with the yolks and dissolve in a bowl over boiling water.
- Combine until light in color (about 3 minutes).
- Beat whipping cream with a pinch of sugar until it holds a peak, not too dry.
- Put the egg mixture, hot from the stove (DO NOT WAIT) into the mascarpone mixture.
- Fold 1/3 of the cheese mixture into the whipped cream, then fold in the second 1/3, then the remaining 1/3.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until foamy, then add sugar and beat until stiff.
- Add all whites to the cheese mixture and fold.
- (HeavenlyTiramisu's note: Amy doesn't mention
LADYFINGERS or coffee, but her cream mixture can be layered with
LADYFINGERS soaked with strong coffee.)