Tiramisu Gift Cards
What is Tiramisu?
All Tiramisu Recipes
Basic Tiramisu Recipes
Variety Tiramisu Recipes
Healthy Tiramisu Recipes
Other Recipe Links
What is Mascarpone?
Recipes with Mascarpone
What are Ladyfingers
Recipes with Ladyfingers
Talk to Us!
Rate a Tiramisu
Send us a Recipe
Mary Konchar's Tiramisu
Basic Recipes (51)
Variety Recipes (19)
Healthy Recipes (22)
BelGioioso's Tiramisu recipe
Mary learned this recipe while attending cooking classes in Tuscany in 1996. Everyone tells her it's the best! She agrees and has sent her recipe to be shared with everybody who visits the Tiramisu Website. She offers some tips: (1) Use imported cheese (Italian or French), (2) Put the espresso in a soup bowl for easy dipping; you can dip one or both sides depending on how much coffee flavor you want but do it quickly; I dip both sides, (3) You can also add a splash of Vin Santo, brandy, or cointreau to the espresso, (4) I use 3 double espressos (maybe less, not sure), (5) Use Ghiradelli chocolate powder and a sifter, and (6) Make no more than 6 to 8 hours ahead.
- EGGS, 4 extra large
- SUGAR, 10 ounces
MASCARPONE CHEESE, 16
LADYFINGERS ("Savoiardi" or "Pavesina")
- WHIPPING CREAM, 1 pint or a half pint, your preference
- ESPRESSO, cooled for dipping
- Whip the cream.
- Separate yolks from whites. Beat yolks with half the sugar (whisk first, then use electric mixer) till light and fluffy.
- Add the mascarpone (delicately) a little bit at a time (if using electric mixer use lowest speed).
- Beat egg whites with remaining sugar till stiff.
- Gently fold in the mounted egg whites to the mascarpone mixture.
- Fold 4 or 5 heaping serving-spoonfuls of whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- In a 13x9x2 Pyrex dish, spread a small amount of cheese mixture on the bottom.
- Dip the biscuits in the espresso(very quickly) and place side by side in pan.
- Cover with a layer of cheese mixture (use half).
- Add a second layer of dipped biscuits and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Use remaining whipped cream to spread a thin layer over the top or pipe a border around the edge or both.
- Dust with good quality cocoa powder and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (covered with plastic wrap).