Williams-Sonoma Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Most of us have been to the Williams-Sonoma stores in our local malls, so we know the quality of their products. Here is their version of tiramisu. This recipe serves 12 to 15.
- EGG YOLKS, 6
- SUGAR, 3/4 cup
- MASCARPONE CHEESE, 1 pound, softened
- HEAVY CREAM, 2 cups chilled
- RUM, 2 tablespoons
- VANILLA EXTRACT, 1 teaspoon
- ESPRESSO, 2 tablespoons, plus 2 to 3 cups brewed
- EGG WHITES, 5
- LADYFINGERS, 40 to 50
- COCOA POWDER
- In a mixing bowl set over but not touching a pan of simmering water, beat the egg yolks and sugar until the mixture is pale yellow and thick ribbons fall from the whisk (4 to 5 minutes).
- Transfer the mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and beat until smooth and creamy (2 to 3 minutes).
- In a chilled large mixing bowl, beat the cream to stiff peaks.
- Add the rum, vanilla and the 2 tablespoons of espresso and beat until smooth.
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks (when the whisk is lifted straight out of the bowl and inverted, the whites should hold their shape).
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold the mascarpone mixture into the cream until blended and smooth.
- Add about 1 cup of the beaten egg whites and fold gently until blended.
- Add the remaining egg whites and fold gently until the mixture is smooth and blended.
- One at a time, submerge each ladyfinger into the remaining espresso, then it on the bottom of a 6-quart glass or ceramic baking or serving dish (about 2 inches deep).
- Continue to form a complete layer.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the soaked ladyfingers until evenly covered.
- Arrange another layer of soaked ladyfingers over the mascarpone cream, then spread the remaining mascarpone cream evenly over the top.
- Dust the Tiramisù with cocoa powder to create a rich, dark topping.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 1 day before serving.