White Chocolate Tiramisu Recipe
This tiramisu recipe has the great combination of white chocolate and rum. You really can’t go wrong! It substitutes cream cheese in place of mascarpone, but you could experiment with that. This would be a winner any time of year but Fall or Spring come to mind. There is a recipe for nutmeg whip cream, which will highlight the dessert for sure. It makes 4 servings.
Author: Heavenly Tiramisu
Recipe type: Dessert
- WHITE CHOCOLATE BAKING BARS, 2 packages (6 ounces each)
- HEAVY OR WHIPPING CREAM, ¼ cup, plus 1-1/4 cups + ½ cup
- CREAM CHEESE, 1 package (8 ounces)
- LADYFINGERS, 2 packages (3 ounces each)
- ESPRESSO OR STRONG COFFEE, ¼ cup, cooled
- RUM, 1 tablespoon
- CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR, 2 tablespoons unsifted
- VANILLA EXTRACT, ¼ teaspoon
- NUTMEG, ⅛ teaspoon
- FRESH FRUIT, sliced, for garnish
- In top of a double boiler over hot (not boiling) water, melt white chocolate bars with ¼-cup of the cream.
- Or, place in medium micro-proof bowl and microwave on high (full power) 1 to 2 minutes or just until melted.
- Stir until smooth.
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until blended and fluffy.
- Gradually add melted chocolate, beating well after each addition.
- In small mixer bowl, whip 1-1/4-cups cream until stiff peaks form, then fold into cream cheese-chocolate mixture and set aside.
- Line bottom and side of 9 x 3-inch springform pan with wax paper.
- Line bottom and side with ladyfinger halves, split sides up.
- In small bowl, combine coffee and rum.
- Brush about half of coffee mixture onto ladyfingers in pan.
- Spoon half of cream cheese-chocolate mixture into ladyfinger-lined pan.
- Repeat ladyfinger, coffee and cheese layers.
- Garnish with Nutmeg Whipped Cream (directions follow).
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Remove side of pan.
- Garnish with sliced fresh fruit just before serving.
- Nutmeg Whipped Cream
- In a small mixer bowl, combine ½-cup heavy or whipping cream, 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, ¼-teaspoon vanilla extract, and nutmeg.
- Whip until stiff peaks form.