Waldorf-Astoria Hotel’s Irish Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Thanks to Karen Goguen for sharing this tiramisu recipe. The [url href=”http://waldorfastoria3.hilton.com/en/index.html” target=”_blank” title=”Waldorf-Astoria”]Waldorf-Astoria[/url] of course is that famous hotel in New York City.
- MASCARPONE CHEESE, 8 to 10 oz.
- EGG YOLKS, 2
- GRANULATED SUGAR, 1/4 cup and 1/4 cup
- EGG WHITES, 2
- IRISH MIST, 3 tbs and 3 tbs
- STRONG COFFEE or INSTANT ESPRESSO, 1 cup
- IRISH SODA BREAD, 1 loaf
- Mix mascarpone, egg yolks, 1/4 cup of sugar and 3 tablespoons Irish Mist in a large bowl with wooden spoon. Do not over mix.
- Whip the egg whites slowly, adding 1/4 cup of sugar until the mixture forms a medium peak meringue. Fold into the cheese mix.
- Combine coffee or espresso and 3 tablespoons of Irish Mist in bowl.
- When the cheese base is ready, fill a medium-sized bowl with alternating layers of Irish soda bread that has been brushed with coffee mix and cheese base mixture.
- End with layer of cheese base and any remaining coffee base.
- Cover and rest overnight.
- Serve with fresh fruit and sprinkle with cinnamon.