Vita Piergiovanni’s Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
This tiramisu recipe is from the Food TV Network’s Cooking Live Show starring Sarah Moulton. It contains double creme for an extra rich taste. What is double creme, check it out [url href=”http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-double-cream.htm” target=”_blank” title=”Double Creme”]here[/url].
- MASCARPONE CHEESE, 3 cups
- CONFECTIONER’S SUGAR, 1-1/2 cups
- MARSALA WINE, 1/4 cup
- DOUBLE CRÈME, 3/4 cup
- WATER, 2/3 cup
- INSTANT ESPRESSO, 5 teaspoons
- BUTTER POUND CAKE, 1 store-bought
- In a medium bowl, use electric mixer set on medium speed and beat the mascarpone cheese, 1 cup confectioners’ sugar and marsala until well blended.
- Add the crème and beat until fluffy, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over high heat combine water, remaining 1/2 cup of confectioners’ sugar and espresso powder.
- Bring to a boil. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Slice pound cake 1/4-inch thick.
- In a 2-quart oval or rectangular glass or ceramic dish, arrange slices of cake in a single layer over bottom of dish, trimming to fit.
- Brush half of the cooled espresso mixture over cake.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture evenly over the top.
- Then repeat and do layer number 2.
- Brush espresso over cake slices and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate until firm.
- Before serving sift cocoa evenly on top.
- Use a large scoop to serve on plates.