Trenda Leigh’s Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
This tiramisu recipe by Trenda Leigh of Richmond, VA, appeared in the January 1991 issue of Southern Living magazine. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
- EGG YOLKS, 6 large
- SUGAR, 1-1/4 cups ounces
- MASCARPONE CHEESE, 1-1/1 cups
- WHIPPING CREAM, 1-3/4 cups
- WATER, 3/4 cup
- INSTANT COFFEE GRANULES, 2 teaspoons
- BRANDY, 1-1/2 tablespoons LADYFINGERS, 2 three-ounce packages
- GARNISHES: piped whipped cream, grated unsweetened chocolate
- Combine the egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer, until thick and lemon colored.
- Bring the water in the double boiler to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and cook the yolk mixture 8 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add the mascarpone, and beat until smooth.
- Beat the whipping cream in a medium bowl until soft peaks form, then fold into the cheese mixture.
- Combine water, coffee granules, and brandy; brush on cut side of the ladyfingers.
- Line the sides and bottom of a trifle bowl, or a 3-quart souffle dish with 36 ladyfingers.
- Pour in half of the filling.
- Layer the remaining ladyfingers on top.
- Cover with the remaining filling.
- Garnish if desired, cover and chill 8 hours.