Tiramisu Cream Puff Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Ever have Tiramisu in a cream puff? Here’s your chance! Use sweet, not dry, Marsala wine in this recipe. Drizzle the cream puffs with chocolate or your favorite topping such as caramel, or both. Serves 6.
- WATER, 1 cup
- MALTED MILK POWDER (or other flavoring), 2 tablespoons
- BUTTER, 1/2 cup
- SALT, pinch
- ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR, 1 cup
- EGGS, 4
- ESPRESSO or KAHLUA
- POWDERED SUGAR or MELTED CHOCOLATE
- Tiramisu Cream Ingredients[/b]
- EGG WHITES, 2 beaten into a soft meringue
- EGG YOLKS, 2
- WHIPPING CREAM, 1/2 cup whipped with pinch of sugar and dash of vanilla
- MARSALA WINE, 2 tablespoons
- SUGAR, 3 tablespoons
- MASCARPONE CHEESE, 8 ounces
- In a saucepan, combine water, butter, salt, and malted milk powder (or other flavoring).
- Bring to a boil.
- Add flour all at once and stir well.
- Cook and stir until dough pulls away from pan and forms a ball.
- Cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat with form or wooden spoon.
- Spoon or pipe desired size (2 heaping tablespoons) onto greased baking sheet, 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 400 degree F. for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cut open and scoop out doughy center.
- Fill with Tiramisu Cream and mousse blanc (see following instructions).
- Replace top of cream puff.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate or powdered sugar (optional).
- Arrange on platter, keep cool, and serve.
- Tiramisu Cream Directions [/b]
- Whisk the sugar, egg yolks and wine into the mascarpone.
- Fold in 1/2 of the meringue.
- Fold in 1/2 of the whipped cream.
- In a separate bowl, fold remaining meringue and whipped cream together to make “mousse blanc.”