Sheryl’s Easy Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Thanks to Sheryl for this very easy tiramisu recipe that requires very little effort and is made from a cake mix.
- [b]Ingredients (Cake) [/b]
- CAKE MIX, white, 1 box off the shelf
- VEGETABLE OIL SPRAY
- WATER, 1-1/3
- VEGETABLE OIL, 2 tbs
- LARGE EGGS, 3
- PURE VANILLA EXTRACT, 1 tsp
- Ingredients (Syrup) [/b]
- HOT WATER, 3/4 cup
- INSTANT COFFEE POWDER, 2 tbs
- GRANULATED SUGAR, 3 tbs
- KAHLUA, 1/4 cup
- Ingredients (Topping)
- [/b]VANILLA YOGURT, 2 cups
- CREAM CHEESE, 2 packages (8 oz. each) at room temperature
- POWDERED SUGAR, 1/4 cup
- UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER, 1 tsp
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly mist a 13 X 9 inch baking pan with vegetable oil spray. Set aside.
- Place the cake mix, water, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 min. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to med. and beat 2 min more, scraping the sides down again if needed. The batter should look thick and well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing it out with spatula. Place in the oven.
- Bake the cake until golden brown and springs back when lightly pressed with your finger, 32 to 35 min.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the syrup. Place the hot water, coffee powder, and sugar in a small bowl and stir to combine until the coffee and sugar dissolve. Stir in the coffee liqueur.
- Poke holes in the cooled cake with a chopstick or straw and spoon the syrup over the cake so that the syrup can seep down into the holes. Set the cake aside.
- Prepare the topping. Place the yogurt, cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl and blend on low for 1 to 2 min. till well combined and thick.
- Spread topping over the syrup-soaked cake, using a rubber spatula to spread the topping out to the edges of the cake.
- No more then an hour before serving, sift the cocoa powder over the topping so that it covers the top of the cake.
- Slice the cake into squares and serve.