Scoutmaster’s Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Major K. Woods is a Boy Scout troop leader; adult leaders compete with each other to come up with new and interesting dishes to serve when they go camping. here is the recipe that won rave reviews in the mountains of Colorado.
- CREAM CHEESE, 2 packages Soft Philly Lite
- EGG YOLKS, 2 large
- CONFECTIONER’S SUGAR, 1/2 cup
- WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE, 1 tub
- CREAMY DREAM WHIP WHIPPED TOPPING, 1 tub
- SOUR CREAM, 1/4 cup
- COFFEEMATE, 1 individual coffee cup container
- LADYFINGERS, 2 packages (3 ounces each)
- COFFEE FLAVORED SYRUP, 1 cup
- COCOA POWDER, for garnish
- CHOCOLATE CURLS, for garnish
- In a small mixer bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and lemon-colored, about 1 minute.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream and Coffeemate. Beat well.
- Fold Dream Whip into egg yolk mixture. Set aside.
- Place one layer of ladyfinger halves, split sides up, onto a camp plate.
- Squeeze-baste coffee syrup onto ladyfingers.
- Spoon one-quarter of egg yolk-cream mixture onto ladyfingers.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
- Repeat ladyfingers, coffee and cream layers, dusting each successive layer with cocoa powder.
- Garnish top with last of mixture, cocoa and chocolate curls.
- Cover and refrigerate in cooler.
- Serve by slicing into pieces that are two ladyfingers wide and one deep.
- Accompany with camp coffee.
- Be Prepared.