Pat Baldassari’s Low-Fat Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Pat Baldassari’s low-fat tiramisu recipe eliminates the raw eggs. Plus, she substitutes Ricotta cheese (partly skim milk) for the Mascarpone. She took 8 different recipes and came up with this recipe. It’s low fat but not low calorie. Sometimes it’s tough to have it all!
- RICOTTA CHEESE (part skim milk), 2 cups
- VANILLA EXTRACT, 1 teaspoon
- SUGAR, granulated superfine, 1/4 cup
- COFFEE, brewed, 1 cup cooled to room temperature
- SUGAR, granulated superfine, 1 tablespoon
- LADYFINGER COOKIES, 12
- COCOA POWDER, 1 tablespoon
- COCOA POWDER, 1 teaspoon
- Mix the Ricotta, vanilla and 1/4-cup sugar, blending well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coffee and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Dip the cookies into the coffee and arrange in a nice pattern in a shallow serving dish.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- Carefully spoon ricotta cheese over the ladyfingers.
- Sprinkle with remaining cocoa.
- Chill 1 hour.