Olive Garden Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Many of the restaurant Tiramisu raters have given high marks to the Olive Garden for their dessert. Thanks to friend Peg Baldassari who thinks she found the recipe. Olive Garden Tiramisu aficionados can now make their own at home. No eggs are used in their recipe. Serves 6.
- SPONGE CAKE, 10-12″, 3″ tall
- STRONG BLACK COFFEE OR PREPARED INSTANT ESPRESSO, 3 ounces
- BRANDY or RUM, 3 ounces
- MASCARPONE or CREAM CHEESE, 1-1/2 pounds at room temperature
- SUPERFINE or POWDERED SUGAR, 1-1/2 cups
- UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER, enough to dust
- Cut across the middle of the sponge cake to form two disks, about 1″ to 1-1/2″ thick.
- Blend the coffee or espresso and liqueur together.
- Sprinkle the bottom half of the cake with the coffee liqueur blend, enough to flavor it strongly, but don’t saturate the cake so much it will collapse.
- Mix the cream cheese or mascarpone with the sugar, and beat until the sugar is completely dissolved and the cheese is light and spreadable.
- Spread the bottom half of the cake with half of the whipped cheese, in a fairly thick layer.
- Set the second half of the cake on the bottom half, and repeat the process.
- Sprinkle the coffee/liqueur blend and spread with the remaining whipped cheese mixture.
- Put the cocoa powder into a wire strainer and coat the top layer of the cheese completely with cocoa.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting and serving.