Olive Garden Tiramisu Recipe
Author: Heavenly Tiramisu
Recipe type: Dessert
- SPONGE CAKE, 10-12", 3" tall
- STRONG BLACK COFFEE OR PREPARED INSTANT ESPRESSO, 3 ounces
- BRANDY or RUM, 3 ounces
- MASCARPONE or CREAM CHEESE, 1-1/2 pounds at room temperature
- SUPERFINE or POWDERED SUGAR, 1-1/2 cups
- UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER, enough to dust
- Cut across the middle of the sponge cake to form two disks, about 1" to 1-1/2" thick.
- Blend the coffee or espresso and liqueur together.
- Sprinkle the bottom half of the cake with the coffee liqueur blend, enough to flavor it strongly, but don't saturate the cake so much it will collapse.
- Mix the cream cheese or mascarpone with the sugar, and beat until the sugar is completely dissolved and the cheese is light and spreadable.
- Spread the bottom half of the cake with half of the whipped cheese, in a fairly thick layer.
- Set the second half of the cake on the bottom half, and repeat the process.
- Sprinkle the coffee/liqueur blend and spread with the remaining whipped cheese mixture.
- Put the cocoa powder into a wire strainer and coat the top layer of the cheese completely with cocoa.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting and serving.