Moe’s Strawberry Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Here’s a tiramisu recipe that uses a Philly Lite custard cream instead of mascarpone cheese. You can substitute any liquor for the Marsala (e.g. Kahlua, Bailey’s).
- CREAM CHEESE, 2 packages Soft Philly Lite
- EGG YOLKS, 2 large
- CASTOR SUGAR, 1/3 cup
- CREAM (thick), 1/2 cup
- INSTANT COFFEE, 2 teaspoons
- WATER, 1/2 cup
- MARSALA, 1/2 cup
- LADYFINGERS, 12
- STRAWBERRIES, hulled and halved, some reserved for topping
- COCOA POWDER, optional, for decoration
- Beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Beat in yolks, sugar and cream.
- Combine coffee, water and Marsala.
- Dip half of the ladyfingers into the coffee mixture.
- Line bottom of glass pan with the ladyfingers
- Spoon half the cheese mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Arrange strawberries on top.
- Dip the remaining ladyfingers into the coffee mixture and arrange on top of the strawberries.
- Cover with remaining cheese mixture.
- Chill until set
- Dust with sifted cocoa powder.
- Decorate with remaining strawberries.