Microwave Mocha Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Mocha Tiramisu recipe? Using a Microwave? How can you go wrong? Tasty and fast! If you like mocha, and who doesn’t?, then this might be the tiramisu recipe for you. Makes 12.
- EGG YOLKS, 6
- SUGAR, 1 cup
- SUISSE MOCHA INSTANT COFFEE POWDER, 1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons
- MILK, 1/4 cup
- CREAM CHEESE, 2 packages (8 ounces each)
- HEAVY OR WHIPPING CREAM, 1 cup + 1/2 cup
- LADYFINGERS, 2 packages (3 ounces each)
- HOT WATER, 1 tablespoon
- COFFEE LIQUEUR, 1/4 cup
- VANILLA EXTRACT, 1/2 tablespoon + 1/4 teaspoon
- CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR, 2 tablespoons
- In a medium micro-proof bowl, beat egg yolks, sugar, 1/4-cup coffee powder and milk with wire whisk or fork.
- Microwave on high (full power) 3 to 4 minutes or just until slightly thickend and sugar dissolves, stirring once during cooking.
- Place bowl in ice water 15 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, line bottom and side of 2-1/2 to 3-quart bowl of souffle dish with ladyfinger halves, split sides up.
- Brush with about 2 tablespoons Mocha Sauce (directions follow).
- In larger mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until blended and fluffy.
- Gradually add cooled egg yolk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- In a small mixer bowl, whip 1 cup cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon half of mixture into ladyfinger-lined bowl.
- Repeat ladyfingers, Mocha Sauce and cheese layers.
- Gently press additional ladyfinger halves, split sides down, onto top.
- Brush with remaining Mocha Sauce, and garnish with Mocha Whipped Cream (directions follow).
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Mocha Sauce [/b]
- In small bowl, combine hot water and 2 teaspoons Suisse Mocha instant coffee powder.
- Stir until coffee is dissolved.
- Blend in coffee liqueur and 1/2-teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mocha Whipped Cream [/b]
- In small mixer bowl, combine 1/2-cup heavy or whipping cream, unsifted confectioners’ sugar, 1 teaspoon Suisse Mocha instant coffee powder, and 1/4-teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Whip until stiff peaks form.