Mary Jo’s Mixed Berry Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Mary Jo Owens of Florida has worked OREO® cookies into her tiramisu recipe, in the form of pie crusts. It must be pretty good, because she won a contest sponsored by OREO! Makes 2 pies, each with 8 servings.
- OREO® PIE CRUST, 2 nine-inch crusts
- EGG WHITES, 2 lightly beaten
- OREO® CHOCOLATE SANDWICH COOKIES, 28 divided
- WHOLE BERRY STRAWBERRY PRESERVES, 4 cups
- MASCARPONE CHEESE, 16 ounces
- CREAM CHEESE, 8 ounces
- SUGAR, 3/4 cup
- VANILLA EXTRACT, 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
- FRESH RASPBERRIES, 2 cups
- STRAWBERRIES, 2 cups sliced
- WHIPPED CREAM, to garnish
- FRESH BERRIES, to garnish
- Remove pie crusts from tins and press into the bottoms of two 9-inch springform pans. Brush lightly with egg whites and bake in a 350-degree F. oven for 5 minutes. When cool, line side of each pan with 14 OREO® Chocolate Sandwich Cookies.
- In a small saucepan, simmer strawberry preserves until reduced by 1/4, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle, blend mascarpone and cream cheeses, sugar and vanilla until smooth and set aside.
- Cover each pie crust with 3/4 cup of preserves and top with 2 cups of the cheese mixture, smoothing the top.
- For each pie, distribute 1 cup of fresh strawberries and 1 cup of fresh raspberries evenly over the cheese mixture.
- Lay the remaining OREO® Chocolate Sandwich Cookies on top of the fruit and press lightly.
- Top the OREO® Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with the remaining strawberry preserves and then the remaining cheese mixture.
- Tap down lightly to ensure even filling.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Slice each Tiramisu into 8 portions. Serve with whipped cream and remaining berries.