Los Angeles Times Tiramisu Cake Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Here’s a wonderful, low-fat dessert for any of you who may be “waist” watching. Yield: 24 servings. Each serving contains about 194 calories, 2 mg cholesterol, 6 grams fat, 27 grams carbohydrates, 7 grams protein.
- ANGEL FOOD CAKE, 1 pre-baked
- COLD ESPRESSO, 1 cup
- AMARETTO LIQUEUR, 3/4 cup
- NONFAT RICOTTA CHEESE, 1-1/2 cups
- MASCARPONE CHEESE, 1 cup
- SKIM MILK, 3 tablespoons
- POWDERED SUGAR, 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon
- BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE, 1 ounce shaved
- SLICED ALMONDS, 1-1/2 cups, toasted
- Cut angel food cake into 3 equal layers.
- In small bowl, combine espresso and 1/2 cup amaretto.
- Spoon 1/3 mixture evenly over each layer of cake.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup amaretto, 1 cup ricotta, 1/2 cup mascarpone and 1/4 cup powdered sugar in medium bowl.
- Place 1 layer of cake on plate and spread 1/2 cup mascarpone mixture on top.
- Add second layer and repeat.
- Place remaining layer on top.
- Whisk together remaining ricotta, mascarpone, amaretto and powdered sugar until well blended.
- Cover entire cake with mixture.
- Grate chocolate on top of cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.