Le Latini’s Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
This recipe is by Le Latini (1130 Jeanne Mance, Montreal, Quebec, Canada) co-owner Moreno DeMarchi. It serves 14.
- ESPRESSO, 1/2 cup, double strength
- COGNAC, 2 tablespoons
- AMARETTO, 1/4 cup
- LADYFINGERS, 20
- MASCARPONE, 2 cups
- EGGS, 7 separated
- SUGAR, 1/2 cup
- BITTER CHOCOLATE, 1 square
- ITALIAN AMARETTO BISCUITS, 25
- Whip mascarpone cheese until fluffy.
- Grate the bitter chocolate square.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together coffee, cognac and half of the amaretto.
- Dip each Savoyarde biscuit in the coffee mixture and immediately place in a 13 x 9 rectangular baking dish, sugar side up.
- Reserve leftover espresso mixture.
- Cover bottom of dish with a layer of coffee-dipped biscuits
- Beat egg whites until they hold peaks, set aside.
- Beat egg yolks until lemon-coloured.
- Gradually add sugar to egg yolks and continue beating until all of the sugar has been incorporated.
- Add the mascarpone cheese.
- Stir in grated chocolate and remainder of the amaretto.
- Gently fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Spoon the mixture over the Savoyarde biscuits.
- Dip the amaretto biscuits in the espresso mixture and place them on the cheese mixture.
- Serve chilled.