Joyce Rhoda’s Basic Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Joyce Rhoda found this tiramisu recipe that she found, made, and declared to be “Yummy, yummy!” She invites you to share in her experience!
- MASCARPONE CHEESE, 6 ounces
- COCOA POWDER, 3 tablespoons
- CONFECTIONERY SUGAR, 2 tablespoons
- COFFEE-FLAVORED LIQUEUR, 5 tablespoons
- PURE VANILLA, 1 teaspoon
- WHIPPING CREAM, 1/2 cup
- LADYFINGERS, 12
- Beat the cheese, cocoa powder, confectionery sugar, 3 tablespoons of the coffee liqueur and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla extract with a whisk till smooth and blended well.
- In another bowl, Whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold the Whipped cream into the cheese mixture.
- Combine the remaining coffee liqueur and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Cut the ladyfingers in half length-wise.
- Line the bottom of a 1-quart bowl with the ladyfingers and brush with coffee, and vanilla mixture.
- Spoon !/3 of the cheese mixture on top of the ladyfingers.
- Repeat 3 more times, until all the mixture is used up, using the ladyfingers between each layer of cheese.
- If there are any ladyfingers left over, use to garnish on top with whipped cream.
- Dust with a little cocoa powder if you like.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator before eating.