Jason McDonald’s Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
This recipe was posted on Meal-Master ™ by Jason McDonald. Like most other recipes, this Tiramisu can be frozen for up to 2 weeks. If frozen solid, you should defrost it in the refrigerator for 24 hours before eating. It serves 8.
- EGG YOLKS, 6 large
- GRANULATED SUGAR, ½ cup
- BRANDY or ALMOND EXTRACT, 2 tablespoons
- EXTRA STRONG COFFEE, 1-1/3 cups
- MASCARPONE or RICOTTA CHEESE, 1 pound
- WHIPPING CREAM, 1-1/2 cups
- LADYFINGERS, 24 giant Italian
- CHOCOLATE SEMISWEET, 4 ounces, chopped
- In bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar till light about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in 1/2 cup coffee and 1 tablespoon brandy or almond extract.
- Transfer to double boiler.
- Over gently simmering water, whisk for about 7 minutes, until thickened. Let cool.
- Beat cheese till smooth, fold into egg mixture.
- Whip cream, stir 1/4 into egg mixture.
- Fold in remaining cream.
- Combine remaining strong coffee and 1 tablespoon brandy or almond extract.
- Arrange 1/2 of ladyfingers in 11X7″ glass baking dish.
- Brush with half of coffee mixture.
- Spread with half of cream mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.