Giada De Laurentiis’ Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
This tiramisu recipe is reportedly a variation of Giada De Laurentiis. Giada hosts “Everyday Italian” on the Food TV Network, featuring recipes of homemade Italian food that she enjoyed while growing up. This recipe makes 6 servings.
- EGG YOLKS, 6
- SUGAR, 3 tbs
- MASCARPONE CHEESE, 1 lb.
- STRONG ESPRESSO, 1-1/2 cups cooled
- DARK RUM, 2 tsp
- LADYFINGERS, 24 (packaged)
- BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE SHAVINGS, 1/2 cup for garnish
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer with whisk attachment, beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale, about 5 minutes.
- Add mascarpone cheese and beat until smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon of espresso and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a small shallow dish, add remaining espresso and rum.
- Dip each ladyfinger into espresso for only 5 seconds. Letting the ladyfingers soak too long will cause them to fall apart.
- Place the soaked ladyfinger on the bottom of a 13 by 9 inch baking dish, breaking them in half if necessary in order to fit the bottom.
- Spread 1/2 of the mascarpone mixture evenly over the ladyfingers.
- Arrange another layer of soaked ladyfingers and top with remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Cover Tiramisu with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 8 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle with chocolate shavings.