Frozen Ice Cream Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
I didn’t really know where to put this one, so I put it here. It has no raw (or cooked) eggs, no mascarpone cheese, no liquor, no lady fingers, no sugar. What it does have is ice cream, which you should make sure is soft when you assemble the dessert or you’re going to end up with a mess of pound cake crumbs. It’s a Tiramisu ice cream cake that’s featured in the February 1997 issue of Cosmopolitan magazine. It was pointed out to me by a friend at work. Serves 8.
- POUND CAKE, 10-3/4 ounce, frozen
- ESPRESSO COFFEE, instant, 1/3 cup cooled
- COFFEE ICE CREAM, 2 pints, softened
- CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM, 1 pint, softened
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE, as much as you want
- CHOCOLATE, grated for garnish
- Cut the pound cake horizontally into 4 layers.
- Place the first layer into a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan that has been lined with plastic wrap.
- Trim the pound cake so that it fits nicely into the pan.
- Sprinkle one-third of the cooled espresso onto the top of the cake.
- Top this with half of the coffee ice cream, smoothing the surface flat.
- Press a second layer of the pound cake onto the ice cream.
- Sprinkle with half of the espresso that is left.
- Top this with the chocolate ice cream (the entire pint), smoothing the surface flat.
- Add the third layer of pound cake.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the espresso.
- Top with the remaining coffee ice cream, smoothing the surface flat.
- Finish with the final layer of pound cake.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for about 6 hours until firm.
- When ready to serve, invert pan and remove plastic wrap,
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate and serve with hot fudge sauce.