Feather Light Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
This tiramisu recipe is feather light. It is easy to make the vanilla sugar called for in this recipe. Just stick a vanilla bean into a jar of sugar and leave it in for 2 to 3 weeks to flavor the sugar naturally (or you can cheat and use an easier substitute I suppose). Serves 6.
- ONE CHEESE, 24 oz.
- SALT, 1/2 tsp
- SUGAR SUBSTITUTE (Equal, Splenda, etc.), equivalent of 3/4 cup sugar, + 2 tbs
- COFFEE, 1/2 cup brewed
- ALMOND EXTRACT, 1-1/2 tsp
- VANILLA EXTRACT, 1-1/2 tsp
- UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER, 3 tbs
- HEAVY OR WHIPPING CREAM, 1-1/2 cups
- UNFLAVORED GELATIN, 1/2 tsp
- HEAVY CREAM, 1/2 cup
- BOILING WATER, 2 tsp
- Mix together the coffee, vanilla and brandy in a bowl.
- In a second bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese together.
- In a third bowl, whisk the creme fraiche (or yogurt) until it is just holding its shape, then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Using a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold the whisked egg whites into the cheese and creme fraiche (or yogurt) mixture.
- Break half of the ladyfingers into pieces and place them on the bottom of 6 glasses.
- Drizzle half of the coffee mixture onto the ladyfingers in the glasses.
- Spoon on half the cream mixture and sprinkle with half the grated chocolate.
- Repeat this with the remaining ingredients, finishing with the grated chocolate.
- Chill until firm and serve within 24 hours.