Emeril Lagasse’s Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Emeril has a unique way of presenting his recipes on the air (The Essence of Emeril on the Food TV Network). In this recipe, he freshens up an already light and fresh dessert with the flavors of seasonal berries. Makes 12 servings.
- FRESH RASPBERRIES, 1 cup
- FRESH BLUEBERRIES, 1 cup
- FRESH BLACKBERRIES, 1 cup
- STRAWBERRIES, 1 cup sliced
- SUGAR, 1 cup
- LEMON JUICE, 1 lemon
- HEAVY CREAM, 2 pints
- MASCARPONE CHEESE, 8 ounces
- POWDERED SUGAR, 1/2 cup
- SPONGE CAKE, 1 prepared cake, (9″x9″x2″), sliced into 3 layers
- CHAMBORD LIQUEUR, 1 cup
- RASPBERRY COULIS, 1/2 cup
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Powdered sugar in shaker
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the berries with the sugar and lemon juice.
- With a fork, lightly mash 1/4 of the berries against the side of the bowl.
- Allow the berries to sit for 1 hour.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- In a mixing bowl, fold half of the whipped cream into the Mascarpone cheese, along with the powdered sugar.
- Blend until the cream is fully incorporated.
- To assemble, lay one layer of the sponge cake on the bottom of the pan.
- Brush the layer with the Chambord.
- Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture over the sponge cake.
- Repeat the procedure until all of the cake and cheese mixture are used.
- Spread the reserved whipped cream over the top of the cake.
- Allow the cake to set, about 1 hour.
- Place a slice of the Tiramisu on the plate.
- Garnish with the macerated berries, the raspberry coulis, fresh mint and powdered sugar.