David Baumler’s ‘Mock’ Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
David writes: “I have a recipe for a ‘mock’ Tiramisu that requires neither mascarpone or ladyfingers. It’s great for when I don’t want to spend the extra money for the specialty items required to make a true Tiramisu, and it is quite delicious. I’ve made it several times for parties and have gotten raves every time.”
- POUND CAKE, 1, cut into 1-in. sticks
- INSTANT CAPPUCCINO, 3 envelopes
- COLD MILK, 3 cups
- CREAM CHEESE, one 8-oz. package
- INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING, one 4-serving size package
- COOL WHIP, 2 cups
- Dissolve 2 envelopes of cappuccino mix into 1-1/2 cups milk.
- Dip cake sticks into mixture and cover bottom of square cake pan.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually beat in remaining 1-1/2 cups milk until smooth.
- Add pudding mix and 1 envelope of cappuccino mix.
- Beat on low until blended.
- Stir in Cool Whip.
- Spoon over cake.
- Sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa or chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate until firm, then serve.