Cooking Light’s Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
A low fat tiramisu recipe that uses reduced fat cream cheese and reduced calorie whipped topping. You’ll still get the coffee flavor from the kahlua and instant espresso though. Serves 8.
- POWDERED SUGAR, 2/3 cup sifted
- REDUCED-FAT CREAM CHEESE, 1 8-ounce tub
- REDUCED-CALORIE WHIPPED TOPPING, 1 cup + 1/2 cup thawed
- SUGAR, 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon
- WATER, 1/4 cup
- EGG WHITES, 3
- HOT WATER, 1/2 cup
- INSTANT ESPRESSO GRANULES, 1 tablespoon
- KAHLUA or OTHER COFFEE-FLAVORED LIQUEUR, 2 tablespoons
- LADYFINGERS, 20
- UNSWEETENED COCOA, 1/2 teaspoon
- Combine powdered sugar and cream cheese in a bowl; beat at high speed of a mixer until well-blended.
- Gently fold 1 cup whipped topping into cheese mixture.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water, and egg whites in the top of a double boiler; place over simmering water.
- Beat at high speed of a mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into cheese mixture.
- Gently fold in remaining egg white mixture; set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup hot water, 1 tablespoon sugar, espresso, and Kahlua; stir well.
- Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise.
- Arrange 20 ladyfinger halves, cut sides up, in the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Drizzle half of espresso mixture over ladyfinger halves.
- Spread half of cheese mixture over ladyfinger halves.
- Repeat procedure with the remaining ladyfinger halves, espresso mixture, and cheese mixture.
- Spread 1/2 cup whipped topping evenly over cheese mixture; sprinkle with cocoa.
- Place 1 toothpick in each corner and in center of Tiramisu to prevent plastic wrap from sticking to whipped topping; cover with plastic wrap. Chill 2 hours.