Chocolate-Lover’s Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
This tiramisu recipe is for chocolate lovers, but has ample coffee flavor as well as you can use your favorite coffee liqueur such as Kahlua or Tia Maria for example. You could easily substitute mascarpone cheese in place of cream cheese to this tiramisu and even better taste. Makes 12.
- CREAM CHEESE, 2 packages (8 ounces each)
- MILK, 3 tablespoons
- CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR, unsifted, 2/3 cup + 1 tablespoon
- COFFEE LIQUEUR, 3 tablespoons + 1/4 cup
- VANILLA EXTRACT, 1 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon
- SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE, grated, 2 squares (2 ounces), reserve some for garnish
- HEAVY OR WHIPPING CREAM, 1 cup + 1/2 cup
- LADYFINGERS, 2 packages (3 ounces each)
- HOT WATER, 1 tablespoon
- INSTANT COFFEE GRANULES, 2 teaspoons
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until blended and fluffy.
- Blend in 2/3-cup confectioners’ sugar, 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add grated chocolate.
- In small mixer bowl, whip 1 cup cream until stiff peaks form.
- Line bottom and side of 2-1/2 to 3-quart bowl or souffle dish with ladyfinger halves, split sides up.
- Brush with about 2 tablespoons Espresso Sauce (directions follow).
- Spoon one-third cheese mixture into ladyfinger-lined bowl.
- Repeat ladyfingers, Espresso Sauce and cheese mixture two more times.
- Garnish with Sweetened Whipped Cream (directions follow) and additional grated chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Espresso Sauce [/b]
- In small bowl, combine hot water and instant coffee granules.
- Stir until coffee is dissolved.
- Blend in coffee liqueur and 1/2-teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Sweet Whipped Cream [/b]
- In small mixer bowl, combine 1/2-cup heavy or whipping cream, 1 tablespoon unsifted confectioners’ sugar, and 1/4-teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Whip until stiff peaks form.