Carrie Wiatt’s Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
This is Carrie Wiatt’s healthy tiramisu recipe. Carrie Wiatt is a Hollywood nutritionist, author, and chef. She hosts the Living Better with Carrie Wiatt television program that airs nationally. Check her website to see if her program is shown in your city. This recipe serves 12.
- LADYFINGERS, 24
- Filling [/b]
- NONFAT RICOTTA CHEESE, 1/4 cup
- NONFAT CREAM CHEESE, 2 ounces
- NONFAT SOUR CREAM, 1/4 cup
- NONFAT VANILLA YOGURT, 1/4 cup
- SUGAR, 2 tbs
- DARK RUM, 1 tbs
- Soaking Liquid [/b]
- INSTANT ESPRESSO COFFEE POWDER, 2-1/2 tbs
- UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER. 1-1/2 tbs
- SUGAR, 1-1/2 tbs
- HOT WATER, 2 cups
- UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER (for garnish), 2 tsp
- Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise.
- In a food processor, combine filling ingredients.
- Process until smooth, set aside.
- Combine soaking ingredients in a small bowl.
- Quickly dip 24 of the ladyfinger halves, cut side down, into espresso mixture.
- Arrange ladyfingers dipped-side down in a 8″ by 8″ baking pan.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture evenly on top.
- Dip the remaining 24 ladyfinger halves and arrange on top of the first layer.
- Top with the remaining filling.
- Place a toothpick in each corner of the pan and cover pan with plastic wrap. Try not to let the plastic touch the topping.
- Refrigerate 3 to 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining cocoa and serve.