Carlucci’s Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
This is reportedly the tiramisu recipe by Vince Tyler of Carlucci, the restaurant mentioned in Craig Miyamoto’s Personal Rave page. Preparation time is about 30 minutes, and it serves 4. The suggested wine is Moscato d’Asti.
- SUGAR, 3 tablespoons + 2 tablespoons
- EGG YOLKS, 2
- CREAM CHEESE, 2 ounces
- MASCARPONE, 5-3/8 ounces
- MARSALA WINE, 3 teaspoons + 1 ounce
- HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM, 7 ounces
- ESPRESSO or STRONG COFFEE, 2 cups
- WARM WATER, 1/2 cup
- LADYFINGERS, 24 French-style
- POWDERED SWEETENED COCOA MIX, 3 tablespoons
- In an electric mixer, whip sugar and egg yolks on high speed until pale yellow and thick.
- With mixer on medium speed, add cream cheese and whip until smooth.
- Add Mascarpone and Marsala.
- Mix until incorporated.
- Whip the cream and fold into the mixture.
- Combine espresso, additional Marsala, sugar, and warm water.
- Dip ladyfingers in espresso mixture.
- Place one layer of dipped ladyfingers on bottom of serving platter.
- Top with one layer of cream mixture.
- Add another layer of dipped ladyfingers
- Top with a second layer of cream mixture.
- Sift cocoa over top.