California Egg Commission Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
This tiramisu recipe was published in 1991 by the California Egg Commission, with the goal of increasing the sale and usage of egg, particularly those produced in California. It’s quite nifty as they also provide a [url href=”..//www.heavenlytiramisu.com/heavenly-tiramisu-recipes/ladyfinger-cake-recipe/”]Ladyfinger Cake recipe[/url] as well. You’ll need to use that or Serves 16.
- MASCARPONE or CREAM CHEESE, 1-1/2 pounds
- Granulated SUGAR 1-1/2 cups
- MARSALA WINE, 3/4 cup
- EGG YOLKS, 9 large
- COCOA Powder
- Whip egg yolks, sugar and Marsala wine until fluffy.
- Add cream cheese or Marscapone in small pieces, beating continuously until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Chill until consistency of icing.
- Spread cheese mixture about 1/4 inch thick over surface of first cake layer.
- Add second layer and spread cheese. Continue three times until the cake is four layers high ending with a cake layer.
- Glaze with dark chocolate or sift dark cocoa powder over the top.
- Cut into portions. Keep refrigerated at all times.