Buca di Beppo Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Thanks to Karen Goguen for sharing this. This recipe is from the original Buca di Beppo Italian restaurant in Minneapolis, MN. You will need to know how to make a zabaglione* custard in order to make this recipe. Although none came with the Buca di Beppo recipe, a simple zabaglione recipe is included below. Serves 4.
- MASCARPONE CHEESE, 9 oz.
- ZABAGLIONE CUSTARD, 3 oz.
- ESPRESSO RUM MIX, 1/2 cup
- ROUND LADY FINGERS, 3 (6 inches in diameter)
- COCOA POWDER, 1/2 oz.
- BISCOTTI (CRUMBLED), 1/8 cup
- Whip the mascarpone cheese until light and airy.
- Dip ladyfingers in rum espresso mixture and place in serving bowl 3 inches deep by 7 inches wide.
- Top with 1 oz. of zabaglione.
- Using a 3 oz. scoop, layer one-third of the whipped mascarpone over ladyfingers.
- Repeat process two more times with remaining ladyfingers.
- Place bowl in cooler until needed.
- Prior to serving, sprinkle with cocoa powder and crumbled biscotti.
- * ZABAGLIONE
- ‘ 5 egg yolks
- ‘ 1 whole egg
- ‘ 1/4 cup sugar
- ‘ 1/2 cup Marsala
- In batter bowl, whisk the egg yolks and the egg with the sugar until the eggs are thick and lemon colored.
- Whisk in the Marsala.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Repeat this timing for about 4-6 times, or until the pudding is thick.