Better Homes & Garden Low-Fat Tiramisu Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
This low fat Tiramisu recipe does a great job in reducing the fat content with fat-free sour cream, reduced fat cream cheese and fat-free milk. But it still uses ladyfingers, strong coffee, and your choice of coffee liqueur (Kahlua, Tia Maria, etc.) for some of the authentic taste. Serves 15.
- FAT-FREE SOUR CREAM, two 8-oz cartons
- REDUCED-FAT CREAM CHEESE (Neufchatel), softened, two 8-oz. packages
- SUGAR, 2/3 cup
- FAT-FREE MILK, 1/4 cup
- VANILLA, 1/2 tsp.
- STRONG COFFEE, 1/2 cup
- COFFEE LIQUEUR, 2 tbs
- LADYFINGERS, split, two 3-oz packages
- UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER, sifted, 2 tbs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream, cream cheese, sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until smooth.
- Combine coffee and coffee liqueur.
- Layer one package of the ladyfingers, cut side up, in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Brush with half of the coffee mixture.
- Spread with half of the cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat with remaining ladyfingers, coffee mixture, and cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with sifted cocoa powder.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
- If desired, sprinkle serving plates with additional unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Cut dessert into squares to serve.