Aggie Dean’s Tiramisu
Recipe Type: Dessert
Aggie sent this tiramisu recipe in after serving it for dinner. She said they had a lot left over, so she ended up calling the neighbors over for coffee and dessert later. This recipe has a little bit of Brandy and Sherry to fortify it!
- EGGS, 5 separated
- SUGAR, 5 teaspoons
- ESPRESSO, 1 pot (approximately 4 cups)
- BRANDY, 2 “healthy glugs” (estimated 3 tablespoons)
- SHERRY, 2 “healthy glugs” (estimated 3 tablespoons)
- MASCARPONE CHEESE, 1 pound
- LADYFINGERS, 3 packages
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until light and lemon-yellow.
- Beat in the cheese, a bit at a time, until creamy and smooth
- Beat the egg whites with a wire whisk until light, fluffy and stiff.
- Blend egg whites into the egg yolk and cheese mixture.
- Pour the liqueur into the cooled coffee.
- Dip one side of the ladyfingers into the coffee mixture.
- Line a pan with the ladyfingers.
- Pour in half of the cheese mixture.
- Layer the remaining ladyfingers on top.
- Cover with the remaining filling.
- Chill in the refrigerator.