Adam Thiani Tiramisu
Recipe Type: Dessert
This tiramisu recipe was presented on Sarah Moulton’s Cooking Live Show (#CL9178) on the TV Food Network. It makes 8 to 12 servings.
- EGG YOLKS, 6 large
- SUGAR, 1/4 cup
- SWEET MARSALA WINE, 1/4 cup
- MASCARPONE, 1-1/2 cups
- HEAVY CREAM, 1 cup
- ESPRESSO, 1 cup brewed and cooled
- COFFEE-FLAVORED LIQUEUR (e.g. Kahlua), 3 tablespoons
- LADYFINGERS (SAVOIARDI), 36
- DUTCH-STYLE COCOA POWDER, 3 tablespoons
- Beat the egg yolks in a bowl until thick.
- Place the bowl over, not in, a sauce pan of simmering water and continue beating, gradually adding the sugar and the marsala.
- Beat until the mixture is as thick as softly whipped cream, about six minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and continue beating until this zabaglione mixture has cooled to room temperature.
- Beat the mascarpone until it is smooth.
- Whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks, then fold it into the mascarpone.
- Fold in the zabaglione.
- Mix the espresso with the coffee-flavored liqueur.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch square glass or porcelain baking dish with half the savoiardi. Brush them with half of the espresso.
- Spoon half of the zabaglione over them.
- Top with another layer of savoiardi, brush with the remaining espresso, and smooth over the rest of the zabaglione on top.
- Dust the top with the cocoa sieved through a fine strainer.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.