Maylien Swenerton’s Ladyfinger Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
We asks our website visitors to submit their ladyfinger recipes and this is Maylien’s entry. Thank you so much with sharing your recipe with the world.
- Egg Whites, 4
- Cream of Tartar, 1/4 tsp
- Granulated Sugar, 5 tbs + 5 tbs
- Egg Yolks, 2
- Vanilla, 1 tsp
- Salt, 1/8 tsp
- Flour, sifted, 1-1/4 c
- Baking Powder, 1/2 tsp
- Beat egg whites until foamy, sprinkle in cream of tartar and beat.
- Add 5 tbs sugar, 1 tbs at a time, continue beating until meringue is stiff but not dry.
- In another bowl, beat together egg yolks, vanilla and salt until light.
- Add the second 5 tbs sugar, one at a time, beat until thick.
- Fold egg yolk mixture into egg white mixture.
- Using cookie press with a 5/8-inch-wide half-round nozzle, and holding press in semi-horizontal position, pipe 3-inch fingers on well-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6-8 min. in a 450 oven, then remove at once to a rack to cool.
- Sift confectioner’s (powdered) sugar over tops.
- Put on cookie sheet after cooling; free individually, pack loosely in a rigid freezer container.