Le Cordon Bleu Ladyfinger Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Le Cordon Bleu (“The Blue Ribbon”) is the world’s most famous cooking school. In 1991, they published Le Cordon Bleu at Home (NY: William Morrow & Co., Inc.), a wonderful 578-page quality book that serves as a course in cooking preparation techniques. This is their first complete English-language cookbook, and it initiates amateurs in the fundamentals of French cuisine, covering basic through advanced techniques. Here is their ladyfinger recipe:
- Eggs, 3 separated
- Granulated Sugar, 6 tbs
- Cake Flour, sifted, 3/4 c
- Confectioner’s Sugar, 6 tbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, then brush 2 baking sheets with softened butter and line with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg whites with a whisk or electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually beat in the ganulated sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form again; the meringue will be glossy and smooth..
- Lightly beat the egg yolks with a fork, and fold into the meringue with a wooden spoon.
- Sift the flour over the mixture and fold in gently.
- Pipe the ladyfingers: Fit the pastry bag with the large plain tip and fill with the ladyfinger batter.
- Pipe strips of batter 5 in. long and 3/4 in. wide diagonally onto the baking sheets, leaving 1 to 2 in. between each strip.
- Sprinkle half the confectioner’s sugar over the ladyfingers; wait 5 minutes and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Holding the parchment paper in place with your thumb, lift one side of the baking sheet and gently tap it on the work surface to remove excess confectioner’s sugar.
- Bake without opening the oven door for 10 min.
- Then, rotate the baking sheet so the ladyfingers color evenly.
- Cook until lightly golden, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove the ladyfingers from the baking sheet with a metal spatula while still hot, and let cool on a rack.<div class=”mceTemp mceIEcenter”><dl class=”wp-caption aligncenter” id=”attachment_1630″ style=”width: 153px” data-mce-style=”width: 153px;”><dt class=”wp-caption-dt”><a href=”http://heavenlytiramisu.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ladyfinger-recipe.jpg” data-mce-href=”http://heavenlytiramisu.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ladyfinger-recipe.jpg”><img class=”size-full wp-image-1630″ alt=”lady-finger recipe” src=”http://heavenlytiramisu.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ladyfinger-recipe.jpg” width=”143″ height=”100″ data-mce-src=”http://heavenlytiramisu.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ladyfinger-recipe.jpg”></a></dt><dd class=”wp-caption-dd”>Sprinkle powdered sugar on ladyfingers.</dd></dl></div><p><span style=”font-family: Georgia, ‘Times New Roman’, ‘Bitstream Charter’, Times, serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px;” data-mce-style=”font-family: Georgia, ‘Times New Roman’, ‘Bitstream Charter’, Times, serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px;”> </span></p>