Erin Josefchak’s Mascarpone Substitution Recipe 1
Recipe Type: Mascarpone Cheese Substitute
Ah, Mascarpone Cheese, it’s wonderful but sometimes hard to find and usually expensive. I live in an Italian neighborhood and, a while back, I did a bit a research to find my own substitutions. Here is a low-fat option to traditional mascarpone cheese. Check my other recipe for a version that tastes closer to the real thing … but has more fat content.
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (1.4-ounce) package sugar-free vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) tub frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap; chill 30 minutes or until firm.
- Remove plastic wrap, and add cream cheese.
- Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well-blended.
- Gently fold in whipped topping.